Thank you Allie for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It is an honor to be recognized by such a talented writer!
Now, the hard part – answering 10 questions about myself!
1. What gives your life meaning?
There are so many things that make give my life meaning. The love of family and friends, writing and expressing myself and learning new things. I also strive for self improvement and I volunteer whenever I can. I think self improvement and helping others are key to giving your life meaning.
2. What has been bring you joy and happiness lately?
Lately, I have been getting into photography. Being able to photograph the beauty of the nature around us and sharing this beauty is very rewarding. I have always been an animal lover. So, being able to take photos of dogs and other animals is a lot of fun, especially when people comment about how cute the dogs are.
3. How old were you when you felt like an adult?
How old am I now? Just kidding. I think it was probably in my 20’s when my family and friends began getting married and having children, especially my own family. Having nieces and nephews and being responsible for them when we would go out to the movies and other places definitely makes you feel more like a responsible adult
4. What is something you ask yourself all the time, that no one else asks you?
I ask myself all sorts of questions. But, I often wonder about other people. It could be a complete stranger or a co-worker or anyone really. What is their life like? What struggles do they deal with? What are they really like when they are not in public or not at work? I am very curious about people.
5. Why did you start your blog?
I have always enjoyed writing since high school. A teacher in college really sparked my interest in writing originally. So, I have been writing for some time. I got into photography this year, though. So, I thought I would incorporate my writing and photography on WordPress. I started writing on WordPress under a different profile (New England Nomad). I wanted to travel more around the New England area and, after my dad passed, I thought it would be a good way to keep my mom occupied since she was feeling lonely. Then, after reading so many interesting and fun blogs, it inspired me to write again. I wanted a forum to share my writing and read other people’s blogs.
6. What change in the world would you like to see in your life time? How are you helping bring about that change?
Education has always been very important to me. It opens so many windows and so many people have fallen through the cracks of our educational system for various reasons. I had been tutoring literacy at my local library. I had to take a break from it because of my work and family obligations but I am looking for new opportunities to work in this area.
7. Who is your hero?
Easy one. Dad.
8. What are you passionate about?
I have many passions. As I mentioned above, education is very important to me. Learning and sharing knowledge is a never ending process and I am always looking to learn more. reading people’s blogs has helped me become more informed. I am also passionate about animals. I am a huge animal lover. I am also passionate about nature and the environment.
9. What is something you are grateful to have learned the hard way?
I think learning that life is not fair and you have to work hard for your successes in life. Nothing comes easy.
10. What do you find inspiring?
I find many people and things to be inspiring. Anyone who sacrifices for the benefit of others, creative people who can create art and touch people through their words or art.
Now, I have to pick 5 bloggers with less than 200 followers to recommend, ask them to answer 10 questions and nominate 5 bloggers of their own choosing.
1. Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
2. Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
3. Nominate 5-10 other bloggers and notify them of this in one of their posts.
4. All nominated bloggers are to have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer the 10 questions posed by your nominator, create 10 questions for your nominees to answer. (Or, you can repeat the same questions.)
6. Copy these rules into your post.
This is the hard part. There are so many great bloggers on WordPress. Narrowing them down to only 5 of my favorites is hard. But, I have selected 5 bloggers who I always read and who I think you should check out, also!
My nominees for the Liebster Award are:
How I Adult – great combination of photos, humor and insight
Run Adventurouslee – I may be biased because she is a Massachusetts native, like I am, but her blogs are fun and she posts great photos in her blogs
DK Smith Photography – takes amazing photographs and I’m surprised he doesn’t have more followers.
TPJ Photo – another great photographer!
Cimple – cimply wonderful blogs
My 10 questions are:
1.How did you get into blogging or photography?
2. Who is your favorite writer, blogger or photographer?
3. What is your passion?
4. What is/are your goal(s) in life?
5. What is the funniest/most embarrassing thing you have done that you are willing to share?
6. Who or what inspires you?
7. Where is your favorite getaway destination?
8. How do you get ideas for your blogs or photo shoots?
9. What is the most challenging obstacle you have had to overcome, that you are willing to share?
10. What is your favorite downtime activity?
If I nominated you, answer the questions above, if you dare! Then, nominate 5 bloggers that you think should be acknowledged and send them a list of 10 questions and follow the rules listed above.
Thank you again, Allie and everyone else who reads my blog!